Monday, January 31, 2011

CHERISH SIMPLE TIMES

So I have decided after a great day of work, a nice workout, dinner with a girlfriend, and a glass of white wine that tonight is the night I will start my blog.  I have been thinking about starting a blog for the past six months.  Day dreaming about the perfect “first blog post”.  I have realized that there is no such thing as a perfect blog post.  It’s all about honest thoughts, random realizations, and reflections on life’s best and worst times.  It’s the real stuff.    

My life is what I would call a “beautiful mess” and I LOVE it.  I thrive on being busy, always tackling a new project, being on-the-go, trying new things, and putting 110% of yourself and your heart into whatever you’re doing.  I believe that everything worth having is worth working for and that hard work reaps great rewards; however, this is no substitute for faith.

While I do love all of these things, I have definitely realized over time that some of the best times in life are when you actually slow down to enjoy the people and things around you.  Life is all about cherishing simple times.  I have realized that vacations are no longer about where you go but the people you are with.  I’ve learned that it’s the nights that you sit at home making dinner and talking about your day that you learn something new about the person you thought you knew like the back of your hand.

The most important things to me in life are the relationships I have with other people.  I cherish my family and friends more that anyone could realize.   If you read this blog on a regular basis you will quickly get to know my parents, girlfriends, co-workers, and of course Brian. You will probably start to feel like my girlfriends are your own and be ready to pull up a chair at Christmas dinner… which of course you would be welcomed with open arms. 

As of now everyday life happens in East Tennessee.  I love my job and I love my weekends!  I live with Brian.  He is my best friend and he affectionately refers to himself as my “man-friend”.  We get through each day by challenging each other, lots of laughter, pushing each other through the tough times, and cherishing the great times…and with coffee of course!  We live crazy lives with unpredictable schedules and we take full advantage of our time off together.  I cannot promise that I will always have amusing stories, big news, or perfect grammar but I can promise honest thoughts, photos, and regular updates on our “beautiful mess” that we call life. 

Until next time… carpe diem!



1 comment:

  1. Eloquent and rich with gusto,...perfect opening blog :-)

    ReplyDelete