Friday, February 18, 2011

I think Brian and I can both agree that 2011 came quickly and it has quickly taken off...  things are definitely crazy around here.  Just a few quick updates on our new adventures!

Brian is in the middle of interviewing for fellowship programs.  He is in his fourth year of general surgery residency at ETSU and will soon be a CHIEF!!  It is so crazy how fast time flies when you're having fun... or when you're just working so hard that the days sort of blend together.  Vascular candidates interview at the end of their fourth year... so this is a huge part of our next few months.  Most of Brian's days are either spent taking call, sitting on a plane, putting on a suit, or sitting in the car.  I'm trying to help out as much as I can... it's so much more fun to go on a road trip and have a "drivin' buddy".  The most recent interview was in Danville, PA!  It was definitely a fun road trip.  We found that even the smallest towns can have GREAT breweries.  We went to Old Forge Brewing Company in Danville as soon as we got into town.  The next morning Brian went to his interview and I "explored" the town.
It's a small town with an AWESOME hospital!
After the interview we decided that we might as well make a pitstop on the way home.  The next leg of the trip was Baltimore, MD!  I never knew how beautiful it was until we pulled in.  The water and views are gorgeous and there is a ton to keep you entertained.

If you plan on visiting Baltimore check out the Homewood Suites.  We ended up getting a water view, huge room, and breakfast for 1/3 the cost of the "waterfront" hotels.  I would consider it one of the hidden treasures in Baltimore!

We went to the National Aquarium and we were quickly reminded why we LOVE scuba diving!

The highlight for me was the giant sea turtle.  When I was little and my Dad traveled he would bring me a turtle from every country.  Eventually, when life settles down, it is going to be great to get them all out and look at them.  At age 3-10 I'm not sure I was able to fully appreciate how amazing it is to have such a collection.  One of the items on my "bucket list" is to swim next to a sea turtle...I guess I'm going to have to start diving with cabbage (their food of choice).

We paid two dollars extra for the "dolphin show"... it was entertaining for two dollars.   The best part for me was getting to play with my 55-250 lens for my new camera. Brian got me a new camera for my birthday and I seriously think I've used it every day since December!  We were actually in the last row of the arena when we got this picture of Flipper.
Time for the PUB CRAWL!!  Baltimore had a ton of amazing pubs with great beer... real beer as Brian calls it.

And then it was time to head home.  It really is so great to get away... but even better to come home!  Especially when you come home to sunny and 60 degrees!  No better way to end a perfect weekend than with a hot grill and some beer brats!


Monday was the day that reminded me how blessed I am.  Two years ago Brian and I had our first "date"...  frozen pizza, a Ruination, and a movie.  And that is exactly what we did to celebrate.  Cheers to an amazing two years!

The next few weeks are just as crazy for us.  This weekend Matt, Kelly, and my little Evie are coming to visit... which is followed by a quick trip to Dallas and Brian's 30TH BIRTHDAY!!  There is so much to be thankful for...


Check out the recipe section for an awesome quesadilla recipe... If you haven't prepared leeks before (which I had not... )I had to watch a video on 'how to cut and clean a leek'

No comments:

Post a Comment