Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

What a perfect day… a day to celebrate all of the fabulous mothers out there.  Many people have told me that once you have a child it is a love that cannot be felt any other way.  The true definition of love at first sight.

Happy Mothers Day to all the women who work so hard to raise a child, to teach them right from wrong, and to discipline them (even though their punishment is usually harder on the parent than the child).  For all the nights you have waited up late for them to come home, taken care of them when they’re sick, sacrificed vacation for college, and supported their dreams even if they are a bit different than what you had in mind.

To my girlfriends who are already Moms- Thank you for being such great role models.  I see how hard you work and admire you so much!

I do need to send a special thank you to the one woman who has put blood, sweat, and tears into raising me!


Thank you, Momma for:
Coming to every dance, tumbling, gymnastics practice and competition.
Sitting in the freezing cold to watch every Pom performance.
Packing my lunch every single day.
Racing me to school in your bath robe when I missed the bus.
Getting up with me and making me breakfast every day before school.
Making me the coolest Ernie and Bert paper mache Halloween costumes… by hand!
Being on every field trip… and driving me to the field trip at the beach when we missed the bus.
Taking care of me when I’ve been sick.
Supporting ME even when you didn’t necessarily support my decisions.
Teaching me to always do my best and to bite my tongue if I don’t have something nice to say.
Making me do chores every Saturday.
Teaching me the importance of a hard days work.
Teaching me how to cook and how to clean.
Showing me that being a Mom is a full time job!
Taking me shopping for my prom dresses… and helping me cut the tags off before we took it home to show Dad.
Teaching me how to love and how to put other people before myself.
Teaching me how to do the right thing.
Showing me that it is ok to invite a stranger to Christmas dinner.
Teaching me treat people equally.
Showing me the importance of communication and encouraging me to talk to you about the important stuff.
And for showing me how important it is to fight for what you want, what you know is right, and what you believe in.


Thank you for teaching me how to be just like YOU! I could not have asked for a better role model.

But most importantly...
Thank you for taking on a baby with less than 48 hours notice without baby supplies, diapers, clothes, a stroller, a name, or a baby room!  Looking back it is a true indication of the woman you have taught me to be.  My life could have been so different had you not been there with open arms and for that I am so grateful!  I am so very blessed and please know every day how much you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment