Monday, October 7, 2013

Carpe Diem

This weekend was such a great one!  Brian and I spent the weekend around the house doing one of our very favorite things... just hanging out together.  We went to the farmers market on Saturday (of course!) and stocked up on peppers for Brian's pepper relish, drove 30 minutes to find the perfect radishes for a new recipe we tried, went to a fabulous dinner hosted by the Chairman of B's department, spent a whole day finishing up the final house projects before it goes on the market, and spent Sunday night finishing up Brian's homemade beef stew and getting ready to start our week.  As I'm sure you can tell from previous posts, we LOVE to travel but there is something so sweet about staying home and getting back to the basics.

I've been reading a new book and I just can't put it down.  I read a paragraph today that I felt was so well written.  A true reflection of how I try to live my life every single day.  I then drove home and saw the most gorgeous Pennsylvania sunset. It was so beautiful, in fact, that I had to pull over and take a few photos.  It was the perfect combination to remind me to slow down, enjoy life, thank the Lord daily for His blessings, cherish every new day and to treat the ones I love like gold!  I feel like we all need reminders like this every once in a while... I know I do :)



Seize the day!  What matters is this moment!  Most of us can't go back and make restitution.  We can't do a thing about our should haves and our could haves.  But a few lucky men like Ghosh never have such worries;  there was no restitution he needed to make, no moment he failed to seize.
          CUTTING FOR STONE  
          a novel by Abraham Verghese 






Happy Monday!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment