Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Mom's Tomatoes Provencol




Ok. So just when I think I’ve tried ALL of my Mom’s most amazing foods she does some sort of magic trick and pulls out a recipe that she tells me she’s had for years!!  Where in the world have I been? My life of preparing side dishes has now been changed forever.

I am absolutely not exaggerating when I tell you that this is one of the most amazing side dishes I have ever tasted.  It is a perfect combination of fresh tomatoes, herbs, and garlic!

This is, hands down, going to turn in to one of my favorite, go-to side dishes when we have guests.  It is so fresh and so flavorful yet warm and satisfying at the same time.  It’s also the perfect side dish when you want to add an item but you don’t want something super heavy.  We paired these tomatoes with salmon.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it!  Try it… you won’t be disappointed!


Tomatoes Provencol
4 large ripe tomatoes (I used vine tomatoes)
4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 tbs chopped fresh basil
1 tbs chopped fresh parsley
6 tbs dry bread crumbs
3 tbs olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
½ tsp salt
½ tsp fresh ground pepper

Mix all together in bowl to form a paste. 

Wash and dry tomatoes. Remove stems and cut tomatoes in half through the width.  Put cut sides up on baking dish.  

Spread paste over each tomato half and drizzle with olive oil.  I actually had quite a bit of left over paste.  I had enough for at least 3-4 more tomatoes!  Buy extra tomatoes :)  

Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.

Serve hot.


Hope you love this as much as we did!  Until next time... when Mom whips out a new secret gem!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment