Monday, September 29, 2014

Must Reads

This summer was the perfect time to start reading again.  We took a few trips and I spent pretty much every morning on the front porch with a hot cup of coffee and a book.  Here are some great books if you're looking for a good read that you can't put down!

Sad, sad, sad! Great story of young love and experiencing life with illness but, man, it was sad!


Yes, I watch reality TV. Yes, I'm addicted to watching The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. Yes, I bought this book. It was highly entertaining, raw, and I LOVED it.  I'm all about keeping drama out of real life but I am totally up for pouring a big glass of wine and watching the drama unfold on TV.  If you're a fan of the show, you need to read this book. Hilarious!

Maybe farmer Chris will write a book :-)

Quick, easy read. Apparently it is or is going to be a movie. I finished this book in two days and am getting ready to start the sequel, Where She Went.   

I've heard mixed reviews about the show and I've never actually seen it.  This book is actually really good! I've never been to prison, and really plan on never going,  but it seems to be a pretty unfiltered testimony.

Hilarious!  This book will cause you to humiliate yourself on a plane or in a waiting room because you will be laughing out loud.  Couldn't put it down.

If you love Charleston, South Carolina (which I do!) you will love this book.  The setting is on Isle of Palms and it has a perfect mixture of real life... work, family, and a love story. Given to me by my mother-in-law, this book was a home run!

I haven't read this book since elementary school, but since it is also going to be a movie I wanted to revisit the book before going to see the movie.  My Mom read this book to my classroom so it has, and will always have, a special place in my heart.  It really makes you think on a deeper level when you read it as an adult.  It has sparked some great conversations. If you read it as a kid, you should revisit it.
Next in line....



Enjoy!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment